≡ Menu

SMARTBoard Music Lesson: Pumpkin Stew Song

SMARTBoard Music Lesson: Pumpkin Stew Song / Updated July 1, 2017

This SMARTBoard music lesson: Pumpkin Stew song, is an easy and fun activity song for Kindergarten  – Third grade students during the month of October. Singing :Pumpkin Stew: to the tune of “The Ants Go Marching,” children pull out and select something to ADD – To the Pumpkin stew. It’s silly, but every child gets to participate and sing their funny item.

Pumpkin stew, pumpkin stew

What shall we put in our pumpkin stew

I think that a ________ will do

That’ll be good for my pumpkin stew.

SMARTBoard Music Lesson: Pumpkin Stew Song

Old version

SMARTBoard Music Lesson: Pumpkin Stew Song

Updated / No Flash

My students love this SMARTBoard song and activity!

I must say that this idea is not originally mine…. I just can’t remember where I saw it, so please forgive me if I borrowed your idea. I’ll happily give you credit!!

Since flash files no longer work with SMARTNotebook, I have recreated this song / activity using hidden objects that children pull out. It works just the same, but without the flash file. You may download this free file at the end of this post.

SMARTBoard Music Lesson: Pumpkin Stew Song

I hope you and your students enjoy it.

Pumpkin Stew Song For 20 Kids NB 17
Pumpkin Stew Song For 20 Kids NB 17
Pumpkin-Stew-Song-for-20-kids-NB-17.notebook
17.6 MiB
1385 Downloads
Details
The following two tabs change content below.

Cherie Herring

Music/Technology Integration at Hammond School
I teach elementary music, am passionate about integrating technology into my teaching, am obsessed with my SMARTBoard and iPad, and enjoy creating lessons and sharing ideas. I love technology almost as much as I love cheesecake, and with more energy and ideas than I know what to do with, I can't wait for the sun to come up each morning! I'm wife to Prince Charming and mom to three incredible girls who keep me balanced. . . sort of!

Latest posts by Cherie Herring (see all)

{ 15 comments… add one }
  • The Schofield Family October 11, 2012, 3:06 PM

Love it!

• Teala Engle September 15, 2014, 5:02 PM

Cannot download Pumpkin Stew. Has it been deleted?

• Cherie Herring October 8, 2014, 11:50 PM

I’m sorry about that!!!
      The link is working again as of October 8, 2014 – Cherie

• Amanda October 8, 2014, 9:58 AM

Downloaded this but the notebook file is missing…?

• Cherie Herring October 8, 2014, 11:52 PM

Amanda, I fixed the broken link. Try downloading it again and let me know if you have any problems.
      Boo!
      Cherie

• Anonymous October 20, 2014, 11:19 AM

I actually never got it to work. I had the issue that when I extracted the .zip file, it just creates a folder with files in it. No notebook file though. I tried on multiple computers, multiple times. I assumed it was my computer though.

• Cherie Herring October 20, 2014, 11:46 AM

I’m sorry! Try this link. It is not zipped.
          Don’t give up! I still have plans C, D and E!

🙂 Cherie

• Amanda October 10, 2014, 8:30 AM

I think its an issue with me. I downloaded the zip file, but when it unzips, the notebook file is missing. I get a folder with all the pictures and such included. Ugh, such is life. haha

• Cherie Herring October 10, 2014, 9:53 AM

Amanda, I just checked the link and it is working properly. When you download the ZIPPED file, it has to be EXTRACTED before opening. Extracting puts all of the little pieces back together again after flying through the internet. Please try again and let me know asap if it doesn’t work. I and send you a different link. ~Cherie

• Jennifer October 19, 2014, 9:27 PM

Hi Cherie,
    I just downloaded the zip file as well, and when I extracted the file, a folder with many little files opens, and I see the mp3 file, but similar to the above poster, the notebook file seems to be missing. Do you know if the above poster ever got it to work? thanks–it looks like a fun lesson idea!

• Cherie Herring October 19, 2014, 10:23 PM

Hi Jennifer! Yes it did work for the other folks. This is a zipped file, so after you download the file you have to EXTRACT it. Extraction is automatic on a MAC and works by using a right-click on a PC. Try downloading it again and extracting the file. When we upload a big file, we usually compress it in a zipped package that flies through the internet easily. Extracting the file puts all of the little pieces back together where they belong.

Jennifer, If that doesn’t work, let me know. I’m right at my desk and I will try a plan “B.” I’ll help you!!

Cherie

• Cherie Herring October 20, 2014, 4:58 AM

Jennifer, please try this Let me know how it works for you. ~Cherie

• Lindsey October 28, 2014, 9:49 AM

How would I add new pictures using notebook so that they become part of the image selector?

• Cherie Herring October 28, 2014, 11:21 AM

Adding an image is easy; simply drag an image into the box or over an existing image in the Random Image Chooser. I suggest you make an extra copy of the page in case the images mysteriously disappear. Regardless of your version of Notebook, a back up is always a good idea!

• Anonymous October 21, 2017, 7:53 PM

Thank you! This is perfect timing! I’ve never used a SmartBoard before, and Halloween is coming up so yay! 🙂