Star Spangled Banner Free SMART Resources. In my opinion, there can never be too many resources for teaching the Star Spangled Banner Unit. What works one year with one class of students sometimes just doesn’t feel right with the next group. I’ve put together and updated the Star Spangled Banner Free SMART Resources. It is a collection of SMARTNotebook pages filled with activities and useful links for the next time you teach the National Anthem. There are many options for your lessons and enough material to cover several class times. Here is what this updated file includes:
- Verse one text
- Verse one illustrated text
- Underwater Match Up: a SMART Lab assessment game
- A Flag Trivia file with Hot Spot facts and a fun jokes
- A Speed Race Quiz using a SMART Lab activity.
- Memory Challenge: Links to access a PDF to aid in memorizing the Star Spangled Banner
- Who’s the best? A comparison of National Anthem singers
- The story of Francis Scott Key and what inspired him.
- Links to a sing-a-long demo, and accompaniment file
- Link to hear the original song that came before our National Anthem
- Link to a mini booklet activity from the craftyclassroom.com
- Links to seven different additional resources and lessons.
Download and add this SMART file to your Star Spangled Banner resources. There are a total of 70 pages included in this free collection. What are your plans for teaching the Star Spangled Banner differently this year?
You may download the updated Star Spangled Banner Free SMART Resources file at the bottom of this post. Let me know if you have any problems with the download or the file.
Also, you might want to take a look at my other Star Spangled Banner STAR QUEST lesson here.
Let’s hope our final days before school begins are long… in the nicest kind of way!!
Version: updated August 2017
This is a collection of free resources to use when teaching the Star Spangled Banner.
|Requirements:||SMARTNotebook 16 or higher|
|Date:||August 1, 2017|