Here is a brief video example of students taking SMARTBoard interactive assessments in the elementary classroom. Students had just enough time before the pep rally to complete a few of the assessment pages in the 18 Musical Adventures and Assessment SMARTBoard Lesson.
“Oh, …..I get it!”
Just for fun, take a look at how they are interacting with the SMARTBoard activities and helping each other. Working mostly in pairs, students did their best to complete the assignment and because the entire class became so involved, I could easily identify those who needed extra help and those who clearly grasped concepts. It was also interesting to hear the students waiting in the background say, “Oh, ….I get it!” when their peer at the SMARTBoard struggled a bit.
I like making videos of kids working together at the SMARTBoard for a couple of reasons:
- I post these videos on our school web site so kids can see themselves – they are so proud!
- Parents can see what we’re doing in music class and how we are using technology. It generates word-of -mouth excitement about technology use in our private school family.
- I want other teachers in my school to see the indescribable interaction the SMARTBoard lessons generate. My mission is to motivate and train my peers to use their IWB for more than a projector.
- I want to document, via this blog, my own personal growth as a teacher learning how to integrate technology in my music classroom. I can’t wait to look back and learn from my mistakes. I want to have record of what generated real learning vs what was just a fun game on the SMARTBoard.
How about you?
Have you had any special teachable moments that happened because of a student’s interaction with the SMARTBoard activity? If so, take a moment and leave a comment… it might just be what motivates someone else to improve their SMARTBoard lesson-building skills or begin using the SMARTBoad all together.
Only two days before break….. Yippee!Cherie
Latest posts by Cherie Herring (see all)
- 23 Updated SMARTboard Musical Activities - June 22, 2017
- Chladni Patters, Tonoscope, and Green Screen Magic - January 22, 2017
- 3 Green Screen Tempo Videos for Kindergarten - January 16, 2017